Re: @role in SVG

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:02:10 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Anne-

Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 10/4/2007 11:27 AM):

> Yeah. It only makes sense on HTML and SVG anyway as those languages have
> a concept of focus (which could be shared better, arguably).

Yeah, we inherited our mechanics of focus from the XHTML2 WG (who in
turn inherited it from CSS, IIRC), and they did a very good job of
defining it.  I'd love to see compatible functionality in HTML5 (so as
not to reinvent the wheel that rolls on paved cowpaths, etc.).

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI