Re: @role in SVG

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:19:35 +0200
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, "wai-xtech@w3.org" <wai-xtech@w3.org>

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:27:07 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:47:50 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> The suggestion here is to instead use:
>>
>>     <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
>>      <circle role="checkbox" aria-checked="true" .../>
>>
>> Correct?
>
> Yeah. It only makes sense on HTML and SVG anyway as those languages have
> a concept of focus (which could be shared better, arguably).

Ok.

I've updated the spec and the test cases to remove support for html:role
altogether and add support for role="" and aria-foo="" on SVG elements.

    http://simon.html5.org/specs/aria-proposal
    http://simon.html5.org/test/aria/

At some point perhaps the aaa:foo="" attributes can be removed as well.

Cheers,
--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software