Re: SVGt 1.2 Sect 12.3.1: Video transform requirements

Hi Jean-Claude, all,

One additional question related to the transformBehaviour.
The default value in the specification is 'geometric'.
If the user agent does not support the 'geometric' behaviour,
are SVG files that do not specify the transformBehaviour in error
or does the default actually depend on the capabilities of the
user-agent.

Yours,
  - Kalle Raita

Hi

The intention of the transformBehavior proponent (me) and what I
understood to be the decision of the WG is "the feature string signals
the value "geometric" is usable; all other values are always present".
Best regards
JC

Kalle Raita wrote:
> Dear expert group,
>
> Based on the SVGt 1.2 specification section 12.3.1, I'm unable to
> determine if a conformant viewer must always support values
> "pinned90", "pinned180", and "pinned270" for the transformBehaviour
> attribute.
>
> In 12.3..1 it's said:
> "... SVGT 1.2 introduces the transformBehavior attribute and a
> corresponding feature string:
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/feature/1.2/#TransformedVideo
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/feature.html#TransformedVideo>"
> The conclusion would be that the feature string is required for the
> existence of the whole transformBehaviour attribute.
>
> On the other hand in J.1 Specific feature strings it is said that:
> "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/feature/1.2/#TransformedVideo: The
> ability to perform any transformation (including scaling) on video
> content
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/multimedia.html#transformBehavior>."
>
> Other feature strings refer to the elements and attributes they
> enable, but not the video related ones. This points to the direction
> that the feature string signals the value "geometric" is usable; all
> other values are always present.
>
> What is the intended interpretation?
>
> Yours,
>   - Kalle Raita
>
> Kalle Raita
> NVIDIA Corporation
> Tel. +358 40 723 1441
> kraita@nvidia.com
<mailto:kraita@nvidia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20SVGt%201.2%20Sect%2012.3.1%3A%
20Video%20transform%20requirements&In-Reply-To=%253C46C43EBB.4090804%40s
treamezzo.com%253E&References=%253C46C43EBB.4090804%40streamezzo.com%253

> http://eu.nvidia.com <http://eu.nvidia.com/>  <http://eu.nvidia.com/>

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review,
> use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and

*Jean-Claude Dufourd* - Chief Scientist, *Streamezzo*
21, av. Victor Hugo, 75016 Paris, France, Tel: +33 (0) 153632847
*http://www.streamezzo.com <http://www.streamezzo.com/> * - Fax: +33 (0)
142224601

Kalle Raita
NVIDIA Corporation