Re: [Inkscape-user] Equivalent to Illustrator's Gradient Mesh?

From: MenTaLguY <mental@rydia.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:54:46 -0700
To: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Along these lines...

>  1. establish requirements

For us, in Inkscape, the main requirements we have are:

 - sufficient flexibility to approximate the result of any shading function
 - ease of implementation
 - potential for hardware acceleration
 - some compatibility with PS/PDF shading model

>  2. identify existing uses of gradient meshes (e.g. PostScript Type 4, 5,
> 6 and 7 shading patterns)

Something along the lines of type 4 shading patterns would meet all of our own criteria, though the way PostScript requires the mesh geometry to be specified is a little weird.

What are your own thoughts/requirements?

-mental