Re: SVG12: Confusing SVGLoad bubbling behavior note

* Jonathan Watt wrote:
>It has been my understanding that the text being replaced (deliberately for
>performance reasons) meant that SVGLoad events have neither a capture nor a
>bubble phase, but only an "at target" phase. Since SVGLoad events are dispatched
>to _all_ element in the document - and SVG documents can be very large -
>changing the specification to essentially say that SVGLoad events have a capture
>phase has serious implications on the length of time it will take for SVG
>documents to load.

In the DOM Event Flow all events accomplish the capture phase. There is
no reason why this would have considerable performance impact, you can,
for example, memorize whether there are any capturing SVGLoad listeners
in the document and if not, completely skip the event phase, or perform
other optimizations. If you truly believe the DOM Event Flow should be
so that some events accomplish the capture phase and others do not,
please send a more detailed comment to public-webapi@w3.org making your
case.