<g x="10" y="20"> was: does the systemLanguage attribute apply to tspan? alternatively does the switch element take x & y coordinates?

<g x="10" y="20">

Chris,

What is the rationale or reason for the WG decision that x and y
attributes unlike many others, are not attributable to a group, and
therefore cannot be inherited**
in my example I specifically limited myself to these two attributes.

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/attindex.html

thanks again to you and Doug for your clear and speedy responses.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 14 Mar 2007, at 04:03, Chris Lilley wrote:

DS> Agreed.  If you are using a large number of attributes (fill,
stroke,
DS> text-decoration, letter-spacing, font-size, font-family, etc.), this
DS> would be even more tedious, especially in Tiny where you can't
use CSS.

**But you can slap them onto a group and inherit them.