Re: [SVG1.1] feSpotLight's limitingConeAngle not mentioned in lighting equations

From: Tim Rowley <tor@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:30:03 -0500
To: "Erik Dahlström" <ed@opera.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Based on your email, I cannot determine what the working group is
planning on adding as an errata versus what you wrote just for the
purposes of writing to the www-svg list.

What I'm saying is that if you're going to have equations for all the
rest of the lighting, the one necessary for implementing the limiting
cone angle should be given as well.

For example, after the sentance "If L.S is positive, no light is
present...", something along the lines of the following might be
added:  "If limitingConeAngle is specified, -L.S <
cosine(limitingConeAngle) also indicates no light is present."

By the way, in the definition of the limitingConeAngle, the units used
(degrees or radians) should be indicated.