SVG, RDF and Clipboard Operations for the Web 1.0: Copy, Paste, Drag and Drop.

From: ~:'' ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 09:33:40 +0100
Cc: SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>, semantic-web@w3.org
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>

Charles and Doug,

I'm disappointed that you both 'forgot' to either point me to, or
acknowledge the contributions made by me to Clipboard Operations for
the Web 1.0: Copy, Paste, Drag and Drop :-(.

I did raise the issue of copying and pasting SVG with you both and
Chris, many years ago**
It's a great pity application developers have been so slow to meet
this need.

I also note that there is no mention of RDF.
as you will know there is good evidence from microformats that
copying and pasting metadata or links to metadata is gaining popularity.
It might be helpful if W3 developed documentation describing how this
might be achieved with RDF*.

hoping to catch up with you both in a f2f in the near future, make
sure to be fully alert and armed.

kind regards

~:"

Jonathan Chetwynd

*my apologies if there is a separate RDF copy and paste document, I
rarely look for or at specs due to the language and presentation
employed.

**
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-print/2003May/0000.html