Re: animation timing and accessibility.

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 21:42:10 +1000
To: SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi Jonathan.

Jonathan Chetwynd:
> WCAG** discusses moving content and recommends that the user should
> be able to pause SVG SMIL animation.
> Opera and Safari are the two native SVG1.1 browsers with support for
> animation
> How is this achieved?

In Opera you can right click on the document and choose “Pause
animation”.  I don’t know about Safari (although I thought last I heard
animation support wasn’t compiled in).

> is there a script mechanism?

Yes, you can use the pauseAnimations() method of the SVGSVGElement
interface:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#InterfaceSVGSVGElement

> does SVG1.2 have a different method in this respect?

Yes, in SVG Tiny 1.2 you need to use the pauseElement() method of the
SVGTimedElement interface (which SVGSVGElement inherits from):

  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGTimedElement

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/