Offset

From: <Simon.Flannery@wrsa.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:36:32 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi all,

Does the SVG spec currently support the notion of placing an object from
the "offset" of another object as the current implementation of one of our
applications relies heavily on this concept? We are looking at moving from
an in-house format to SVG for B2B purposes. In particular, if we have a
polyline, say 234 units long, does SVG support placing a symbol (such as a
circle), say 50 units along the polyline from the starting point? And what
if the polyline is bendy? If this is possible, then how and a link to an
online resource would be great?

Thanks in advance,

Simon