Question about SVGXXXList.initialize()

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:50:30 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org

In the spec http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/paths.html#InterfaceSVGPathSegList
the insertItemBefore(), replaceItem(), and appendItem() methods all
mention that any item inserted into the list must be removed from any
previous list.  However, a similar statement is not present for the
initialize() methods, which seems odd to me.

Was this intentional or something missed in the SVG 1.1 spec?

Also, in SVGT 1.2, unless I missed something, the SVGPath interface
(http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGPath) is less
useful than SVGPathSegList (cannot insert, replace or remove segments
from SVGPath).  Will the SVGF 1.2 be extending this interface ?

Thank you,
Jeff Schiller