Re: specificity, user style sheets and SVG

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:39:58 +0100
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-style@w3.org, SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>

On Friday, February 9, 2007, 3:20:21 PM, Jonathan wrote:

JC> Boris,

JC> I haven't (yet) completed an authoritative analysis of current UA
JC> behaviour in this respect.

JC> however using a user style sheet:
JC> :link, :visited { text-decoration: underline ! important }

JC> this worked well with many html pages, however with svg it appears it
JC> may not for Opera, Amaya and Camino

In Opera, did you say in the preferences that you wanted to apply a
user stylesheet?

Pseudoclasses work on SVG in Opera (tested on 9.10 under Win XP)

JC> I wasn't able to enable ie5.2 to accept a user style sheet.
Its possible to do. Please see

However, do you mean that you were not able to get an SVG plug in,
running in IE, to apply user style sheet?

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG