Re: A definition for "character cell" is not provide in the spec

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:12:15 -0500
To: Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org>, www-svg@w3.org

Hi, Jonathan-

Jonathan Watt wrote:

 > I really can't see how "character cell"/"glyph cell" can be equated
 > with "bounding box" based on any version of the spec.

My bad.  I wasn't thinking straight.  "glyph cell" is clearly not
equivalent to "bounding box"... I was thinking of hit testing for
pointerEvents and 'textArea', and I took a wrong turn.

We'll be discussing this in the WG (hopefully when my head is screwed on
straight), and we'll get back to you with a proper reply.

Regards-
-Doug