Re: low resolution in native svg firefox (2.x) plugin

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:56:33 +0100, Migliore Maurizio (Consultant
Pride-Na) <m.migliore@pride.it> wrote:

> I'm writing a client/server application of maps for OpenNMS (a network
> management OPEN SOURCE project www.opennms.org). On the main project you
> can
> find a version that works only under IE (adobe 3.0 or 6 beta plugins).
> Now
> I'm porting it on firefox.
>
> If I try to view the attached Map.svg with firefox (2.0.0.x for windows)
> with native svg viewer,
> I notice that the resolution is low. It's similar to adobe's plugin lower
> quality visualization.
> The same version of firefox for linux has better resolution.

I suggest trying out other viewers (and newer beta versions).
Opera will give you the same resolution on all platforms,
http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?custom=yes.
You might want to run it in Batik if you're not depending on HTML content,
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik.

> Why this low resolution?

Do you set any rendering hint attributes? Such as 'image-rendering' or
'shape-rendering'? If you want it to be high quality don't set these to
'optimizeSpeed' since that will generally trade off quality of rendering
for better performance.

> Is there a way to set high resolution/quality in similar way of adobe svg
> plugin?

That's a question for the mozilla developers, perhaps bug-report it.

Cheers
/Erik

http://my.opera.com/macdev_ed