Re: is this switch valid?

From: ~:'' ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:31:07 +0000
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

Chris,

thanks so much for the quick response.
I have tried to understand what you wrote,
(schema superceding DTD was of interest... ~:")
but remain concerned,

the w3c validator cannot validate mixed namespaces.
is there any advice about when this might be resolved?

If foreignObject with html will not validate, this makes it less than
useful:
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/extend.html#AnExample
for instance does not validate

similarly I cannot find a way to link to external RDF that validates.
ie not a comment.

My concern is that, whilst I have a little understanding, the larger
audience of people who are not aware of SVG, expect code to validate,
and most especially code written by an accessibility consultant.

it's not sufficient to suggest "don't use foreignObject or RDF"

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet