Re: is this switch valid?

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:06:12 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Erik Dahlström wrote:

>That sounds like a bug in the DTD for 1.1, and that's not how Opera or
>Firefox handles it.
>In SVGT12 'foreignObject' can be a child of any container element, which
>is much more useful and I believe that is what Opera and Firefox allows.

Maybe this was intended in 1.1 to encourage that authors provide alternate
content, because there is a high probability, that foreignObject content is
not displayed at all, because there is no format required to be displayed.
In the given case it might be useful to provide text or other visual content
as an alternative to the audible content in the MP3 file ;o)

But anyway it is simple to undermine this intent in 1.1 just writing
<switch><foreignObject ...>...</foreignObject></switch>.