Re: SVGt 1.2 Sect 12.3.1: Video transform requirements

Hi

The intention of the transformBehavior proponent (me) and what I
understood to be the decision of the WG is "the feature string signals
the value "geometric" is usable; all other values are always present".
Best regards
JC

Kalle Raita wrote:
> Dear expert group,
>
> Based on the SVGt 1.2 specification section 12.3.1, I'm unable to
> determine if a conformant viewer must always support values
> "pinned90", "pinned180", and "pinned270" for the transformBehaviour
> attribute.
>
> In 12.3..1 it's said:
> "... SVGT 1.2 introduces the transformBehavior attribute and a
> corresponding feature string:
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/feature/1.2/#TransformedVideo
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/feature.html#TransformedVideo>"
> The conclusion would be that the feature string is required for the
> existence of the whole transformBehaviour attribute.
>
> On the other hand in J.1 Specific feature strings it is said that:
> "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/feature/1.2/#TransformedVideo: The
> ability to perform any transformation (including scaling) on video
> content
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/multimedia.html#transformBehavior>."
>
> Other feature strings refer to the elements and attributes they
> enable, but not the video related ones. This points to the direction
> that the feature string signals the value "geometric" is usable; all
> other values are always present.
>
> What is the intended interpretation?
>
> Yours,
>   - Kalle Raita
>
> Kalle Raita
> NVIDIA Corporation
> Tel. +358 40 723 1441
> kraita@nvidia.com
> http://eu.nvidia.com <http://eu.nvidia.com/>

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review,
> use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and

*Jean-Claude Dufourd* - Chief Scientist, *Streamezzo*
21, av. Victor Hugo, 75016 Paris, France, Tel: +33 (0) 153632847
*http://www.streamezzo.com* - Fax: +33 (0) 142224601