Re: Link on SVG image

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:26:17 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Flavia wrote:
> The strange thing is that, if I write for example
> xlink:href
> ="http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&q=yuri+gagarin&btnG=Cerca+con+Google&meta="

You have a broken SVG implementation. This XML is not well
formed, so should cause the parser to abort the document. XML
entity references must always be explicitly closed with ";" and XML
parsers aren't allowed to assume that unterminated entity
reference syntax that doesn't match a known entity is not,
in fact, an entity references.

However, as I understand it, this thread should be directed at
the SVG implementation's support channels, as it is about
implementation bugs, not the standard.