Re: problem in firefox and moziila

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 00:47:37 +0200
To: T Rowley <tor@cs.brown.edu>
Cc: jhon <hmu.svg@gmail.com>, www-svg@w3.org

On Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 12:36:37 AM, T wrote:

TR> On 4/2/07 12:57 PM, jhon wrote:
>> http://www.xml.com/2002/09/11/examples/TextWrap.svg
>>
>> This SVG file is not work in mozilla, firefox and opera.

TR> There's a few problems.  To start with is the xlink one you've already
TR> fixed.  Next is that setProperty() takes three arguments, the last being
TR> a priority or empty string.

Is there an ecmascript lint-like program that can do that sort of
checking? If not, I wonder aloud how hard it would be to take the
language bindings and build one.

TR> Depending on arbitrary information ('line-interval' - not a real css
TR> property) to be stored in the style system doesn't work in Firefox.

if an extension namespace was declared and then an attribute in that
namespace was used, like foo:line-interval, would that work?

TR> Even with these fixed, this example won't work properly on Firefox
TR> 1.5/2.0 because it uses "em" units which we don't implement in SVG yet.

The carefully worded 1.5/2.0 prompts me to ask if this already works
in Gran Paradiso?

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead