Re: SVG in IE

Hi Adek,

You can embed the SVG file in a HTML file and set the width and height
on the object/embed/iframe tag explicitly (in pixels). This should add
scrollbars if the  object/embed/iframe size is bigger than the  browser
windows. Alternatively you can set a viewBox and scale the graphics to
the  current browser window.

Ad animations in Firefox: Firefox doesn't yet support SMIL animation.
Alternatives are to animate per script or use a library called
SMILScript, provided by Doug Schepers at
http://www.vectoreal.com/smilscript/. It should handle a fair amount of
your SMIL code, but certainly not everything.

BTW: it would better if you ask such questions at
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/messages . The goal of
this mailinglist is to discuss the SVG specification (file format), the
yahoogroups' goal is to provide support for developers.

Andreas
> When I open SVG documents in Internet Explorer I can't see whole document
> because there aren't scrollbar(I install Adobe SVG Viewer 3.03). When I open
> the document in Firefox I can't see animations. What to do to manage with
> the problem?
>
> adek

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/