Designer Critique of SVG+XHTML

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 23:22:09 -0400
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Hey, Groupies-

This is from the guy who designed the Firebug JS debugger extension for
  Firefox.  This seems like something CDF should look at.

   http://www.joehewitt.com/blog/svg_and_xhtml_l.php

I don't agree with many of his points, but I do think we should give
serious thought to layouts.  Cameron's constraints work would be a good
starting point.  I have a SMIL-like syntax that does simple layouts, and
it would suffice for many layout schemes.  I'm happy to share it if we
think we could get it in an SVG1.2 module.

Regards-
-Doug