Re: [SVG Tiny 1.2 CR Comment] spec text of rendering hints is confusing to implementors

Dear Chris,

Your response is very confusing for me.

If there is a "SHALL" or a "MUST" in the text, then it shall be possible
to create a conformance test. The absence of conformance tests seems to
indicate that the "SHALL"s should go.

Note: You seem to dissociate the renderer from the SVG UA, and I do not
see why you would be allowed to.
The SVG UA contains the renderer, and any relevant constraint on the UA
passes on to the renderer.

With a SHALL in the text, *-rendering are not hints but directives. But
the word "hint" is used.

So I am afraid I have to persist in asking for a clarification of the text.
Best regards
JC