pseudo-class :visited

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:32:52 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

I've yet to see a UA implementation that supports pseudo-class: visited

perhaps it would be as well to add ":visited" to the relevant
passages such as:

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/interact.html#UIEventProcessing

and

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/events.html

"Processing of any relevant dynamic pseudo-classes
(i.e., :hover, :active and :focus), after which the event is passed
on for:"

Jonathan Chetwynd

Support for :focus is virtually non-existent, and :visited may not
currently exist.

I am having difficulty understanding why this is the case, perhaps
someone could enlighten me?