Re: Google pages

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:16:13 +0200
To: Rick <graham.rick@gmail.com>
Cc: "Dave Whitehead" <david.j.whitehead@gmail.com>, www-svg@w3.org

On Friday, March 31, 2006, 3:54:13 AM, Rick wrote:

R> On 3/30/06, Dave Whitehead <david.j.whitehead@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It is possible to display svg on Google page, check out a example I've put
>> on my space :-

R> Doesn't work with FireFox (Linux) does the same thing with yours as it
R> does with my experiments.  It downloads it and views it in another
R> window.  Which just shows an XML view in your case BTW.  Could be
R> FireFox's fault tho, they have some work to do yet.  (I'm not saying
R> it is, I don't know)

Firefox is correctly interpreting the media type returned by the serves as having a higher priority than the type hint attributes in the source.

When I tried this page in Firefox 2.0a1 it told me a plugin was required, went to try and find it, and then said no plugins were available for application/octet-stream.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG