Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Section 7.13 doesn't say how to get aspect ratio from viewBox

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:37:44 +0000 (UTC)
To: Andrew Shellshear <Andrew.Shellshear@cisra.canon.com.au>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Andrew Shellshear wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > In section 7.13 the SVG 1.2 Tiny spec says:
> >
> > # [...] the aspect ratio is calculated from the width and height of the #
> > viewBox specified for the current SVG document fragment.
> >
> > The specification does not say _how_ this is done. Should the height be
> > divided by the width, or vice versa, or something else?
>
> We have added:
>
> The aspect ratio is calculated by dividing width by height.
>
> to the list of rules for calculating the intrinsic aspect ratio.
>
> Please let us know shortly if this does not resolve your comment.

That sentence alone doesn't seem to be enough; for example, does this mean
the height and width attributes, the height and width parts of the viewBox
attribute, or something else?

I guess I'll be able to tell you whether or not, in context, this
satisfies my request once I am able to review the upcoming SVG Tiny 1.2
working draft.

Cheers,