Re: SVG12: SVGGlobal::document vs AbstractView

* Doug Schepers wrote:
>After investigation and deliberation, the SVG WG has decided that there is
>no inherent conflict in defining SVGGlobal::document as a dom::Document. The
>AbstractView interface is listed as optional, and the only place it is used
>is in the CSS OM spec. Since SVG Tiny does not support CSS OM, this presents
>no conflict. This does not prevent anyone from implementing it, of course,
>but it is outside the scope of the SVG Tiny 1.2 spec.

DOM Level 2 Style just extends the interface, it is used directly by
e.g. DOM Level 2 Events, DOM Level 3 Events, SMIL Animation, and SVG
1.1. This is not my concern though. I think that SVGGlobal::document
should be a SVGDocument. The Working Group rejected this request on
the grounds that this introduces problems when Global::document gets
introduced which, presumably, cannot be a SVGDocument. I expect that
Global::document is a DocumentView, in which case you have the same
problem. So I think SVGGlobal::document should be either SVGDocument
or DocumentView, or rather, the 'document' member should be only on
one of SVGGlobals ancestors in the inheritance hierachy.