Re: [SVGMobile12] discard with nonexistent target

Hello www-svg,

T Rowley <tor@cs.brown.edu>  wrote:

> Section 5.3 states that "If the target element does not exist when the
> 'discard' elment becomes active, the the 'discard' element must be
> ignored."  A strict reading of this is that the <discard> element
> remains in the DOM.
>
> However two paragraphs later it states "If the target element did not
> exist the 'discard' element must still be removed following
> activation.", which contradicts the earlier statement.
>
> Please resolve this contradiction in the specification.

This is correct; we have resolved that the first quoted part should be
removed from the specification, and the second quoted part covers the
case where the target element does not exist. The contradiction is thus
resolved; thanks for picking it up.

Please let us know shortly if this does not resolve your comment.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG