How to get element from SVG for JAVA2D drawing by batik?

From: comlong zhao <comlong@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:49:42 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello:
   I am new for SVG.  Now i want to get a way that could get the elements
from SVG file and then i could draw something like rectangle, line .. by the
java2D commands. There a a lot of API of the batik, which one i should use
now? and do you think it is possible to lose nothing form this way?  If you
have some way, idea, suggestion, please answer me.
  Thank you very much.
  zhao long