Re: SVG12: conversion to float vs NaN

From: Nandini Ramani <Nandini.Ramani@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 08:36:44 -0800
To: derhoermi@gmx.net
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Hello Bjoern,
    This is the official SVG WG response to your Last Call comment at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Jul/0020.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Dec/0218.html

  In cases where a viewer returns special values, such as  "NaN", it
will be treated as any other unsupported value.

And the term "unsupported values" is defined at
(http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/intro.html#TermUnsupportedValue):

  "An unsupported value is a value that does not conform to this
specification, but is not specifically listed as 'in error'."

Therefore, we do not see any changes that we need to make.

Please tell us within two weeks if this response is not satisfactory.

Nandini Ramani
SVG WG