Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: <textArea> redundant with HTML

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

> Implementers and content developers have requested this feature and are
> satisfied with the functionality, so we are going to keep it.

This (obviously) doesn't ssatisfy my request. Please ensure that my
objection is clearly marked in your disposition of comments.

In addition, please respond with a substantial technical reason for why
the SVG WG feels it is appropriate to reinvent the wheel in this case,
given that this is a feature that is redundant with two of the W3C's
oldest and most widely used specifications. I have yet to receive such a
response, which is required by W3C process.

> Also, <textArea> is not a new feature with the 3rd Last Call, so your
> comment is out of the scope of feedback which we have solicited. The 3rd
> Last Call was announced with the following words: "The purpose of this
> third Last Call is to allow reviewers to verify that their comments have
> been included as agreed by the SVG Working Group, it is not intended as
> a new, general review period."

The SVG working group's quite entertaining interpretation of the W3C
process is not something I am interested in discussing. In any case, even
if the SVG group could really limit feedback in this quite ridiculous way,
my feedback was specifically within the SVG working group's purported
scope, since it was a continutation of an issue I raised in previous last
calls which had not been resolved (namely, SVG12-207). Indeed, such
comments were never even formally responded to by the SVG group, as Bjoern
pointed out in:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Mar/0015