RE: SVGT 1.2: SVG fragment identifiers

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:27:12 -0400
To: "'Bjoern Hoehrmann'" <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, Bjoern-

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

| * Doug Schepers wrote:
| >This fix [...]
|
| The W3C Process requires following the full Recommendation
| Track process for changes where someone could reasonably
| expect that making the change would invalidate an individual's
| review or implementation experience in general and new
| features specifically. A "bug fix" is a minor change and
| does not require full Recommendation Track process. I have simply re-
| gistered my formal objection to the Working Group's decision
| to claim a "bug fix" when it made a substantive backwards-incompatible
| change by adding an entirely new feature 6 months after the end
| of the third last call period.

This fix was made due to comments from that last call period.  As I
understand it, the Recommendation Track process is an attempt to facilitate
the creation of technically robust specifications, not to impede them, and
thus I feel confident that the Director will see this fix in that light.
Obviously, you have every right to interpret it differently.

Regards-
Doug

doug.schepers@vectoreal.com
www.vectoreal.com ...for scalable solutions.