Re: SVG12: IDL namespaces

From: nandini <Nandini.Ramani@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 06:53:27 -0700
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, w3c-svg-wg@w3.org

Hi Bjoern,

>>>TimeEvent is still in 'events', which is incompatible with both SMIL
>>>Animation where it is in 'smil' and with SVG 1.1 where it is in 'svg'
>>>(all under dom.w3c.org). The same applies to the bindings. The same
>>>applies to other interfaces aswell. So I don't see how this could have
>>>addressed my concern.
>>>

>>Thanks for pointing this out, TimeEvent will be moved from "events" to
>>"smil" in the specification.
>>

>That is fine with me so long as this incompatibility with SVG 1.1 is
>documented in the draft.

You raise a good point about incompatibility with SVG 1.1. SMIL
Animation is no longer being developed. Also, SMIL Animation places
requirements on a host language, as to what it has to define in addition
when it integrates SMIL Animation. It would therefore seem logical to
express that this is the SVG hosted version of SMIL Animation by putting
it in the SVG namespace.

Given the above points, the WG agrees that we should choose the same way
SVG 1.1 did and move TimeEvent to 'svg'.

Thanks
-Nandini