From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 23:48:08 -0500
Subject: [SVGMobile12] Issue SVGT12-495 is not resolved
To: www-svg@w3.org

Dear SVG Working Group,

Unfortunately, issue SVGT12-495 is not resolved.  See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jul/0068.html and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jul/0046.html for
remaining
issues with the current text.  Please ignore the part about load events
in the
first of those mails, since it was apparently based on erroneous text in
a reply
from the Working Group (the text that was sent in that reply does not
match the
latest draft at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-SVGMobile12-20060721/script.html).
    The rest of the issues remain.

In particular, I fail to see how whether an implementation is
synchronous or
asynchronous affects the situation with href modifications, since the
question
is about what happens if the href is changed while the load is being
performed;
this operation is not even possible if the load is synchronous.

In addition to that issue, the other issues in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jul/0046.html remain
unresolved
as well.

Please reopen the issue, or note that I strongly disagree with the
resolution --
some of the problems I raised were basically declared out of scope and
the
unclear parts of the specification were not clarified even though such
clarification was e-mailed to the list in response to my comments.

-Boris

_______________________________________
Andrew Sledd
Ikivo AB

Ostermalmsgatan 87 C
SE-114 59 Stockholm
Sweden

Mobile: +46 70 305 7712
Office:  +46 8 53 48 11 86
Fax: +46 8 53 48 11 99
Email: andrew.sledd@ikivo.com
http://www.ikivo.com <http://www.ikivo.com/>

The information transmitted in this email and any attachment(s) is
intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential,
proprietary or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination, reproduction, disclosure, reliance upon or any other use
of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in
error, please notify the sender and delete all related material
forthwith.