[SVGMobile12] Resolution of issue SVGT12-487 not satisfactory

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 23:37:30 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org

Issue SVGT12-487 was that the description of the difference between _self and
_replace in the specification is unclear.  This issue has not been resolved -
the language in the specification is still unclear.  Some of the text from
Chris's explanation to me in e-mail should really find its way into the spec.

Further, the issue we discovered in the process of said explanation -- an
incompatibility between the behavior of "_self" in the proposed SVG Mobile 1.2
specification and the de-facto behavior of "_self" in <object> and <iframe> in
existing HTML UAs -- is still unresolved.  As I had understood, the plan was to
work on resolving said incompatibility, but the resolution only talks about a
plan to "put examples into the CDR test suite".  This is not an acceptable
resolution to me.

Please either reopen issue SVGT12-487, or flag me as disagreeing with this
resolution, since it does not actually solve the problem at hand.

Also. please create a separate issue for the abovementioned incompatibility issue?

Thanks,
-Boris