Serialization / deserialization of SVG

From: BBD (sent by Nabble.com) <lists@nabble.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:28:00 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi,

I am looking for good JavaScript example to serialize / deserialize the SVG
document content to / from XML string. My problem is that if I initialy have
empty SVG document, described in embed as:

<EMBED NAME="someEmbed" TYPE="image/svg+xml"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/" HEIGHT="100"
WIDTH="100" />

then access to method "getWindow" in statement:

document.getElementById( "someEmbed" ).getWindow()

is not possible and this possibly is correct. After I load SVG content from
XML, I expect that embed then would already have some window, but this is
not a case -- call to getWindow() still crashes my JavaScript code.

Thanks,
BBD

Sent from the w3.org - www-svg forum at Nabble.com.