Re: [SVGMobile12] Resource documents and SVGGlobal

Hi Cameron,

we just noticed that we had given you an incorrect reply to
your comment. Sorry for that. Please see details inline, prefaced with
NEW:.

Please let us know very shortly if you have issue with this updated
reply.

Kind regards,
Andrew Sledd on behalf of the SVG WG

> Hi Cameron,
> Please see replies inline.
>
> Thank you very much for your comment, please let us know
> shortly if this does not address your issue.
> /Ola Andersson for the SVG WG
>
> -------
> From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
> Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:34:05 +1000
> To: www-svg@w3.org
>
> Hi.
>
> As pointed out by Maciej[1], there's a potential problem with
> resource documents and SVGGlobal. Consider this primary
> document (primary.svg):
>
> <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
> xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.2">
> <use xlink:href="resource.svg#g"/>
> </svg>
>
> and this resource document (resource.svg):
>
> <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
> xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.2">
> <g id="t"/>
> <script type="application/ecmascript">
> gotoLocation("somewhere.svg");
> </script>
> </svg>
>
> Some questions:
>
> * Does the resource document have a global object that implements
> SVGGlobal?
>
> OA: Yes, each document has its own context.
>
> * If so, will the gotoLocation method cause primary.svg or
> resource.svg or to be replaced by somewhere.svg? (I think it's
> unclear from the sentence "Request that the user agent traverse a
> link to the given IRI." exactly what is required.)
>
> OA: primary.svg is replaced. We have clarified this in the
> gotoLocation description by adding "The result of the
> traversal must be identical to the traversal caused by an 'a'
> hyperlink with the 'target' attribute set to '_replace'. The
> difference is that the 'a' hyperlink is activated on user
> interaction but gotoLocation is activated from script." We
> have also added your example to the spec.

NEW: The example you provided is not compatible with the spec
since <use> cannot reference an external resource that contains script
(http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/linking.html#ReferenceRestrictions)
Therefore we have removed the example from the spec.
The clarification of the 'gotoLocation' wording is still
correct though.

> * If the former, should the resource document be allowed to change
> what document is being presented by the UA? If the latter, does
> that make sense at all?
>
> OA: Yes, the resource document can change the presentation.

NEW: No, according to the restriction in the spec there is no
way for the resource document to replace the primary document.

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jun/0077>  for