Re: animateTransform with to-animation

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 17:41:33 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hello,

as far as I have seen, there is no special note about
to-animations in any SVG-specification, but it is always
mentioned, that one has to look into SMIL. Because
transform and other attributes animatable with
animateTransform are additive, simply the special
rules from SMIL for to-animations are applicable.
This means, the rule has to be applied for each
component of the transform matrix - this is the
only way I could work, I can see and as defined
in SMIL. This is not difficult, but I think, up to now
any viewer is wrong with this ;o)

The special and contradictory rule from
SVGmobile1.2 draft, section 16.2.16 mentioned
in my comment from May 2006 is not
applicable for to-animations, because this
rule excludes to-animations explicitely...

The problem gets more confusing, if we
assume some non-additive attribute together
with a to-animation. As already
mentioned in the SMIL mailing list, this is
not completely defined, even less in newer
SMIL specifications.