Re: animateTransform with to-animation

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 15:54:38 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de

* Cameron McCormack wrote:
>SVG 1.1 doesn’t seem to define the semantics of to-animation for
>animateTransform, such as:
>
>  <rect transform="matrix(2,0,0,2,10,10)">
>    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="translate"
>                      to="1,1" dur="1s"/>
>  </rect>
>
>Could someone clarify for me how this animation would work?

I pointed this out already in

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Dec/0232.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Mar/0125.html

and so did Olaf Hoffmann in

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006May/0132.html

The Working Group's response was "parts of the smil animation features
are not trivial to capture ... Although you might find the definition
confusing we believe it is correct and will leave it as is." I have,
quite naturally, registered my formal objection to this decision.