Re: SVG12: editable design

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>[...]

You didn't respond to most of my comment. You just said that flattening
was already part of the draft, which it was not, and that the other
problems I've mentioned don't exist either. I don't agree.

>They do. Here is the new text regarding flattening of child elements:
>
>>> If the text of an editable element is edited, and the element has
>>> child elements, the contents of the edited element must first be
>>> flattened. Flattening must have the same effect as the following
>>> procedure: extract the text content of the edited element and it's
>>> children, as defined in the textContent attribute of DOM Level 3 Core
>>> [DOM3], and assign it to the edited element's textContent attribute.

This text is part of "10.13 Text selection and clipboard operations". I
don't see how it belongs there, it does not discuss text selection in
any way. From the text above I also don't understand when this would
occur, when is "the text of an editable element" "edited"? Please use
more appropriate language and put this text in a section it belongs to.