[SVGMobile12] Question on SVG implementation in an XLink-aware processor

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:17:42 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org

Consider the following markup (assuming that the "svg" and "xlink" namespace
prefixes are bound to the relevant namespaces):

   <svg:image xlink:href="something.png" xlink:show="replace"
              xlink:actuate="onload"/>

It would seem to me that correct behavior here for a UA that supports both SVG
and XLink would be to replace the page with something.png when this is parsed
(as required by the XLink specification), while the correct behavior for a UA
that supports SVG but not XLink would be to do whatever the description of
<svg:image> says.  Is that correct?

Note that I don't think the spec needs changes in this regard, since the XLink
specification is very clear on what the behavior should be in this case.  But I
just want to make sure that there are no assumptions that the XLink description
of what should happen is obviated by the fact that SVG describes additional
semantics for <svg:image>.

-Boris