[SVGMobile12] uDOM attribute normalization on color values

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:41:34 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

In
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/svgudom.html#Attribute_Normalization>
it is defined what viewers may return for attribute values. The color
normalization part does not define in enough detail what exactly may be
returned for sRGB values as described in
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/painting.html#colorSyntax>.
What is the normalized value of "rgb(100,      30,32,123)"?

The section also doesn't address the problem. It is still unclear what you get
back when you retrieve such a value. When using getAttributeNS that is what you
can expect, but when using traits it should be more clear.

I suggest that the SVG WG defines color normalization in a way similar to
<http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#fillstyle> (dropping the rgba()
bit that doesn't apply to SVG).

In addition, I suggest that the SVG WG contacts the CSS WG about this to discuss
normalization of these property/attribute values together so a common syntax can
be agreed upon and used.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>