Re: Differences In SVG and CSS (was: SVGT 1.2: !important is an error)

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:37:21 +0000 (UTC)
To: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Note also, I'm operating under the assumption that there will need to be
> a separate parser (or subparser) for presentation attributes and
> presentation properties, which somewhat reduces the burden of total
> compatibility.

My e-mail was in reply to Robin's e-mail and was covering the lexical
space, not the value space. If you grant that there will not be parser
re-use, then I don't understand what you are asking. The value space is
not an issue as far as I know. (There might be some ambiguity with rgba(),
but that is easily solvable by simply defining it one way or another.)