[SVGMobile12] [SVGT12-416]: Incorrect computed value for 'stop-color', 'solid-color'

From: Andreas Neumann <neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:51:17 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Ian,

Thank you for pointing us to these incorrect computed value.

We changed the spec to the following wording:

* In 'Solid Color' Element we changed the computed value definition from
'Specified value, except inherit'
'normalized <color> value, except inherit'

* In 'stop-color' property we changed the computed value definition from
'Specified value, except inherit'
'normalized <color> value, except inherit'

Likewise we updated similar computed value definitions, such as in the
'color' and 'viewport-fill' property.

Please let us know within 2 weeks if this does not satisfy your comment.

Thanks,

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography, ETH Zurich
Member of the W3C SVG Working Group

Ian Hickson wrote:

>The "Computed Value" definitions for some of the properties in SVG Tiny
>1.2 are incorrect.
>
>'stop-color', 'solid-color': The 'currentColor' value's computed value is
>not the specified value, but the computed value of the 'color' property.
>
>Please correct the definition of these computed values.

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/