Re: SVGT 1.2: !important is an error

On Thursday, January 12, 2006, 2:01:10 PM, Anne wrote:

AvK> Quoting Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>:
>> AvK> Wasn't it so that till now the thought was that the CSS parser could
>> AvK> somehow be
>> AvK> reused for attribute values as well?

>> Yes, but that does not mean that the contents of the attribute is an
>> entire stylesheet. Or even a declaration block (like the style
>> attribute). Its a property value.

AvK> Yup, and "red ! important", "red /* blah */" etc. are all valid property
AvK> values...

Is that the "more restrictive grammar that is closer to the CSS level 2 language" grammar in appendix G
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/grammar.html
which however "should not be used by most user agents",

or the grammar in Chapter 4
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#tokenization

or, perhaps, some other one? I ask because I happened to be looking earlier today to see what production is supposed to be used for a style attribute, and could not tell exactly.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG