Re: [SVGMobile12] more on data types

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:49:07 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: thomas.deweese@kodak.com

On Jan 12, 2006, at 14:18, thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:
>    This is possible but is not IMHO how the SVG spec is currently
> written.
>
> If the WG wants to adopt your interpretation then I would suggest
> making
> it clearer that the 'ignore' only applies to the rendering and adding
> a fifth bullet to section 'C.2':
>
>         * The UA MAY display a highly visible indication that an
> unsupported
>           element, attribute, property, attribute value or property
> value
> was
>           encountered.
>
>    However, given Robin's responses on this topic I doubt the WG would
> agree with your interpretation.

I don't see what in my reply gives you the impression that we
wouldn't accept such a comment. If you feel that the specification is
unclear on the fact that content checkers can display highly
perceivable indications of all sorts of things (this includes non-
conformant content that would not cause a UA to stop, but also
perfectly conformant things that are bad ideas as I say in my

Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist
    Expway, http://expway.com/