Re: [SVGMobile12] more on data types

<mental@rydia.net> wrote in message
news:1137005288.43c552e829753@www.rydia.net...

>Quoting Christophe Jolif <cjolif@ilog.fr>:
>
>> If not, I would be afraid that same SVG content would lead to
>> different rendering on different UA.
>>
>> Imagine: fill="#fff 111"
>>
>> on can recover it as #fff
>>
>> and the other one as #fff111
>>
>> which is not exactly the same...
>
>If it's not conformant, should we care?

Indeed, that is my point, Working Groups should care about conformant
content, and how to process it, if they want the above to be consistently
implemented by user agents, then all they have to do is make it conformant
and specify the algorithm for determining the colour.

The options for the working group are Must ignore, which means specify
everything they want to be implemented identically as valid, and everything
else be ignored, or undefined it's up to the implementation what they do -
that is far my preferred option, must ignore is not useful to users.

Cheers,

Jim.