Re: [SVGMobile12] more on data types

"Robin Berjon" <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
> On Jan 11, 2006, at 15:44, Jim Ley wrote:
>> but not by implementations, most of which attempt to error correct  and
>> not
>> ignore, since that behaviour is much better for users, why does the  WG
>> feel
>> it necessary to prevent this from happening?
>
> Sorry Jim but I'm not sure what you mean by "error-correct". If you  mean
> loosening error conditions (eg accepting white space) then I  agree, but
> it's a different issue from how actually errors need to be  handled.

loosening error conditions don't change the fact of what is
error-correctable by a good implementation is likely wider still, by just
removing the must-ignore requirement it gives the freedom to implementors to
do the right thing by their users without relaxing what authors must do to
ensure their content is interopable.

Jim.