Re: SVGT 1.2: dynamic changes to <handler> elements

Jim Ley wrote:
> "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com> wrote in message
>> * Removing a <handler> element doesn't remove the corresponding event
>> handler on its observer.
>> * Inserting a <handler> element doesn't add an event handler on its
>> observer unless this happens as part of parsing.
>> * Changing the text contents of even an inline handler element  doesn't
>> change what happens when the event fires.
>>
>> All of these seem counter-intuitive, contrary to how the <listener>
>> element works, and contrary to how "onfoo" style inline event  attributes
>> work.
>
> Er, this is exactly equivalent to how on ofoo inline events work I would
> say.

Jim, I'm not sure I follow.  Changing the onclick attribute of an HTML node
certainly affects what happens when the click event fires.  Removing the onclick
attribute removes the click listener.  Adding an onclick attribute via the DOM
adds an click listener.  So I'm not sure what "exactly equivalent" means in your
message.  What am I missing?

-Boris