Re: SVG12: eRR vs timelineBegin

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>BH> [...]
>BH>   If an external resource is not available, progressive rendering
>BH>   is suspended, the document's SVGLoad event is not fired and the
>BH>   animation timeline does not begin
>BH> [...]
>
>BH> This contradicts the definition of the timelineBegin attribute on the
>BH> 'svg' element. Please change the draft such that it is consistent about
>BH> this.
>
>Good catch. So:
>
>  If an external resource is not available, progressive rendering is
>  suspended, and the document's SVGLoad event is not fired. Note: In the
>  case where the timelineBegin="onLoad", this will also mean that the
>  animation timeline does not begin.

The old text was

  Indicates that resources external to the current document are
  required. If an external resource is not available, progressive
  rendering is suspended, the document's SVGLoad event is not fired and
  the animation timeline does not begin until that resource and all
  other required resources become available, have been parsed and are
  ready to be rendered. If a timeout event occurs on a required
  resource, then the document goes into an error state (see Error
  processing). The document remains in an error state until all required
  resources become available.

The new text is

  Indicates that resources external to the current document are
  required. If an external resource is not available (the request
  for the required resource times out), progressive rendering is
  suspended, the document's load event is not fired and the
  document goes into an error state (see Error processing). The
  document remains in an error state until all required resources
  become available.

So the note above is not part of it and a strange change occured. I do
not think the new text makes sense, the timeout case is a very special
case of "not available" (when the user agent gives up trying to fetch
the resource, as opposed to an ongoing but incomplete download of the
resource). In the new text, that's the only case covered.