Re: Proposal for unitless lengths (Was: Is the px unit equivalent to user units?)

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Jonathan Watt wrote:
>> Four CSS properties:
>>   font
>>   font-size
>
>> I'm not sure what to do about the remaining four "generic" CSS
>> properties. Perhaps a request to the CSS WG that they also allow
>> <number> for those properties
>
> Can't do that for "font", since it would make the parsing ambiguous
> (numbers could be either font size or font weight).  Which means that
> the only way to do it for font-size is to allow it in the font-size only
> when not being used in the font shorthand...

Hmm, true. I still think it would be desirable to have this for non-shorthand
font-size, letter-spacing and word-spacing.

As Jon says, I don't see the CSS WG extending that courtesy, but I still think
the SVG WG should make a formal request.

Jonathan